We have made use of the following features and techniques to ensure that our website is accessible.
1. You can view the East Durham College website on a wide range of browsers.
2. You can also use the TAB key to navigate around the site.
3. We use relative rather than absolute units in mark-up language attribute values and style sheet property values.
4. We use style sheets to control presentation.
5. We identify the primary natural language of a document.
6. We organise documents so they may be read without style sheets. For example, when an HTML document is rendered without associated style sheets, it is possible to read the document.
7. We provide metadata to add semantic information to pages and sites.
8. We use navigation mechanisms in a consistent manner.
9. We try to use the clearest and simplest language appropriate for sites content.
10. We use a style of presentation that is consistent across pages.
If you experience any problems with accessing information on this website please call Student Services on 0191 518 8222, who will endeavour to supply you with the information you are seeking.