Basketball Development Centre
Team East Durham Sports Development Centres provide you with an environment which enables you to achieve the best academic grades you are capable of whilst working with your club, county, regional, international coach to ensure that you are in the best shape possible, both mentally and physically, to perform.
Do you enjoy playing basketball for fun or do you have aspirations of going far in the game. Whatever your level, there’s a place for you at our highly-respected Sports Academy where you can experience this fantastic package of training and benefits:
- Eight hours coaching per week with our highly qualified coaching team.
- Play in the NE Basketball League.
- Use our fantastic facilities, which rival many a professional sports club. These include two basketball courts and one fully sized basketball arena with a seating capacity of 500. The sport complex also includes a fully-equipped state-of-the-art gym with fixed and free weights and a range of cardiovascular, strength and conditioning training kit, modern an secure changing facilities and even an in-house physiotherapy clinic. For more details on the Sports Centre and Impact Health & Fitness gym, please CLICK HERE.
- Study 14 hours per week learning about every aspect of sport, including physiology, fitness training, fitness testing, psychology, nutrition, performance analysis and more. Meanwhile, you’ll also be taking one of our three Level 3 Sport course options (Sports Science, Development Coaching & Fitness or Performance & Excellence). These two year courses are equivalent to three A Levels and are a proven route into university or employment. There is also the option to study at Level 1 or 2 depending on your GCSE grades.
- Take part in 36 hours of real work experience during the year, with opportunities to coach children, take part in sports development, work in a gym and many other choices.
- Have the opportunity to complete Maths and English to GCSE or Level 2 Functional Skills (if you don’t already have them).
- Use the state-of-the-art gym during training, in lessons or in your own time for FREE. Normal membership costs £450 a year. The gym is open seven days a week.
- If you pick up any niggles or injuries during training or matches, our full time professional physiotherapist is on hand, completely FREE to get you back on the court as soon as possible.
- You’ll also get FREE travel to and from the College with our free bus services with Arriva. Please click here for details on the free bus service.
For further information please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0191 518 8222 or 0191 518 5565.
And why not join us on facebook, www.facebook.com/TeamEastDurham
See what Ofsted have to say (Ofsted Inspection Report, March 2014)
“Teachers demonstrate good subject knowledge and expertise, delivered with great enthusiasm to motivate and engage students.”
“Support for students is good. They value particularly the individual tutorials, and the availability and approachability of teachers outside lessons, via text, email or the VLE for help and advice to support their good progress.”
“Accommodation and resources are excellent, including outstanding sports facilities used effectively to develop students’ practical skills and support progress.”
“Students value the enrichment programme in sport highly. They benefit from the good opportunities to progress, achieve and succeed in chosen sports academies or elite athlete scholarships with structured training programmes, fixtures in the British Colleges league and selection to represent college and regional teams.”