Land Based Short Courses At Houghall
To get ahead in business, get to know about the training courses on offer at the Houghall Campus of East Durham College.
These short courses are practical, business-based and aimed specifically at companies which need to keep up-to-date with the knowledge and qualifications their industry sector demands.
Whether you're a sole trader looking to formalise or expand your skills, or you want to improve the quality of your staff, we're here to help.
Based in the spacious and tranquil setting of Houghall, only two miles from Durham city centre, we offer formal qualifications, tailor-made workshops, programmes of seminars and more. And, if you don't find what you're looking for, tell us - we'll do all we can to give you what you need.
Our short courses run throughout the year and include evening and weekend times to keep interruption to day-to-day working to a minimum - so there'll always be something to fit in when it suits you. Training can even happen on your premises to make life even easier.
Our Land-Based Commercial Courses
We offer short, land-based courses in:
- Animal Care and Management - such as emergency first aid for dogs
- Arboriculture (Tree Care), Forestry and Horticulture - including such courses as tree felling, chainsaw maintenance, tree climbing, pole pruning and more
- Pesticides - including safe use of pesticides and hand-held applications of pesticides
- Machinery and Mechanisation - including tractor operation, ride-on mower operation, brushcutter/strimmer use, hedgecutter use and more
- Turf Culture (Horticulture) - including sports area marking, maintenance of fine sports turf and cricket wicket preperation and maintenance
- Estate Skills - including dry stone walling, hedge laying, fence erection and coppicing
Qualifications and knowledge can be the key elements which set your business apart from the competition and help it to prosper and grow. So, to get up to speed, get in touch today.
Please call the Houghall Short Course Team on 0191 375 4716 for more details or the switchboard on 0191 375 4700.
Download a Prospectus
Interested in our land-based commercial courses? You can find out more information about the courses using the embedded document below:
View below as a Page Curl Document: