East Durham College offers a small range of carefully selected higher education courses. Our Foundation Degrees are university-level qualifications in their own right, equivalent to the first two years of an Honours degree.
- Foundation degree (FdSc) Sports Coaching
- Higher National Certificate (HNC) Engineering (Mechanical)
- Foundation degree (FdA) Education and Care
- Foundation degree (FdA) in Counselling
- Professional Graduate Certificate (PGPCET) or Certificate in Post Compulsory Education and Training (PCET)
The qualification you will receive is awarded by the University of Sunderland. And the great news is that once you’ve got a Foundation Degree, it’s possible to ‘top up’ your qualification to a full Honours degree. This usually involves an extra year studying full-time (or the part-time equivalent) at the University of Sunderland. The qualification you will receive is awarded by the University of Sunderland.
For more information on the University of Sunderland, please click here to visit their website.
Level 4 Courses
We also offer the following Level 4 courses at East Durham College:
These courses are not linked to the University of Sunderland.
East Durham College is ranked Silver by the Teaching Excellence Framework