How to Apply
All applications for entry to full-time Foundation Degrees and Top Up Honours Degrees must be through the Universities and Colleges Admissions Service (UCAS).
For our part-time FdA in Education & Care and Initial Teacher Training (PGCE/PCET) you need to apply via East Durham College.
Please contact our Higher Education Advisor to make sure you complete the correct form. Call on 0191 518 8282 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Courses in the UCAS Scheme are listed in the UCAS Handbook and on the UCAS website.
Key application dates and deadline can be found here on the UCAS key dates section of their website.
To apply to study at East Durham College, as a partner of the University of Sunderland, you must enter the University’s UCAS code and the EDC campus code on the UCAS application form. These are:
Sunderland Uni UCAS code: S84
East Durham College Campus Code: P
Applications should be made online at: www.ucas.com/ucas/undergraduate/register
Need more info from UCAS?
If you have a question or want to know more about what's happening at UCAS, there are different ways to get involved.
Post a question on Facebook: www.facebook.com/ucasonline
Tweet them @ucas_online
Tel: 0371 468 0 468
New Barn Lane
Applying to Higher Education Checklist
Here's our quick checklist guide to help you work through the process as you apply to study on a higher education programme.
- UCAS Account Registration
- HE course research completed
- Uni research completed
- Personal statement – draft one
- Personal statement – tutor feedback
- Personal statement – amendments (Repeat this process as many times as necessary until you and your Progression Coach/Careers Co-ordinator are happy with it).
- Send application for approval and pay the fee
- Check your e-mail to see if your application has been sent off
- Monitor your UCAS Track account on a regular basis
- Prepare for uni interviews (mock interviews available with our Careers Co-ordinator)
- Attend uni interviews
- Register for student finance account
- Apply for student finance and submit application, send declaration form off
- Parents, guardians or partner (if married or living with partner) to support your student finance application
- Reply to offers by the deadline UCAS have given you
- Results confirmed
- Enrol at university or college
The above will vary slightly if you go into UCAS Extra or Clearing.
Our Going to Uni Guide - Applying for Higher Education (HE)
For further help and advice, on the process and timings, if you are planning to apply to study on an HE programme we have created this useful quick guide booklet. Please click on the PDF document below.
The best way to keep track of importand dates and deadlines is via the UCAS website.
Need any help or advice?
Please contact our specialist Careers Advisor on 0191 518 82 82 or email email@example.com