Student Feedback Results
Every year the College takes part in a number of national surveys to gain valuable feedback from our students.
We regularly work with QDP, the UK’s largest independent provider of questionnaire based feedback services to the education sector, so that any results can be benchmarked against other colleges and the voices of over 600,000 learners QDP gathers feedback from over the course of an academic year.
Our feedback scores consistently place us in the top quartile of colleges in the country, indicating that we not only meet but often exceed student expectations. Some results from the 2015/2016 on programme and exit surveys and the 2016/17 induction survey can be seen below.
- 98% stated it was easy to apply for the course
- 96% said the teaching on my course is good
- 99% felt that their teacher knows their subject well
- 97% told us they felt safe at college
- 98% said expected standards of behaviour were made clear
- 95% told us they felt they had developed the skills they needed to get a job/take their next step
- 95% agreed the teachers consistently challenge them to do their best
- 97% said teacher feedback told them what was going well and where to improve
88% Learner Satisfaction Rating
According to the results of a recent poll, funded by the Skills Funding Agency, East Durham College scored 88% on ‘How learners rated this organisation from 2015 to 2016’.
This placed us in the top three amongst all the further education colleges in the north east.
Source: FE Choices, The Learner Satisfaction Survey 2015 to 2015, published July 2016.
Our Higher Education Students' Feedback
For details on feedback results from our higher education students, please see the HE Student Feedback page.