Student Feedback Results
Every year the College takes part in a number of national surveys to gain valuable feedback from our students.
We regularly work with QDP, the UK’s largest independent provider of questionnaire based feedback services to the education sector, so that any results can be benchmarked against other colleges and the voices of over 600,000 learners QDP gathers feedback from over the course of an academic year.
Our feedback scores consistently place us in the top quartile of colleges in the country, indicating that we not only meet but often exceed student expectations. Some results from the 2014/15 student induction and on programme surveys can be seen below.
- 95% said feedback let them know what they were doing well at/how to improve
- 97% thought the teachers know their subject well
- 100% told us they felt safe at college
- 94% agreed the teachers consistently challenge them to do their best
- 96% told us that assessment of their work is fair
- 98% stated it was easy to apply for the course
8.8 out of 10 Learner Satisfaction
According to the results of a recent poll, funded by the Skills Funding Agency, East Durham College scored 8.8 out of 10 on ‘How learners rated this organisation from 2014 to 2015’. This was the joint second highest score amongst all the further education colleges in the north east.
Source: FE Choices, The Learner Satisfaction Survey 2014 to 2015 was updated on 3 September 2015.
Our Higher Education Students' Feedback
For details on feedback results from our higher education students, please see the HE Student Feedback page.