Behaviour and Relationship Management Policy
East Durham College is committed to creating an environment where exemplary behaviour is at the heart of productive learning.
This policy applies to all staff and students who study at East Durham College, including students aged 14 to 16 who have been directly recruited.
Behaviour Policy Statement
East Durham College is committed to creating an environment where exemplary behaviour is at the heart of productive learning. Everyone is expected to maintain the highest standards of personal conduct, to accept responsibility for their behaviour and encourage others to do the same.
Aim of the Behaviour Policy
- To create a culture of excellent behaviour in college
- To ensure that all students are treated fairly, shown respect and to promote good relationships.
- To help students take control over their behaviour and be responsible for the consequences of it.
- To build a community which values kindness, care, good humour, good temper, obedience and empathy for others.
- To promote community cohesion through improved relationships.
- To ensure that excellent behaviour is a minimum expectation for all.
Purpose of the Behaviour Policy
To provide simple, practical procedures for staff and students that:
- Recognises behavioural norms
- Positively reinforces behavioural norms
- Promotes self-esteem and self-discipline
- Teaches appropriate behaviour through positive interventions
Full Policy & Procedure
Please see the Behaviour and Relationship Management Policy document below for more details.