Health & Safety Policy
East Durham College recognises and accepts its responsibility as an employer for providing a safe and healthy workplace and working environment for all employees, learners and the public and will take all steps to meet this responsibility, paying particular attention to the provision and maintenance of:
- Plant, equipment and systems of work that are safe and without risks to health
- Safe systems of work in the use, handling, storage and transport of articles and substances
- Sufficient information, instruction, training and supervision to enable all employees and learners to avoid hazards and to contribute positively to their own safety and health at work
- A safe place to work with safe means of access and egress
- A safe and healthy working environment with adequate welfare facilities.
The College will seek to ensure that learning takes place in a safe, healthy and supportive environment which meets the needs of learners. The College will promote good practice, and in particular, the concept of the “SAFE LEARNER”. Where part of the learning takes place outside the College, the College will assess the health & safety suitability of that environment prior to learning being delivered. To view the Policy document, please click below.