Student Benefits Package (16-18)
We want to make coming to college as affordable as possible for you.
Life is expensive enough - we don't want to make it any worse when you come to college. That's why we've put together a welcome package of lovely benefits jam-packed with free and discounted stuff, just for you.
Full time student, aged 16 to 18 on or before 31st August, starting at East Durham College can apply for the following benefits:
- Cash rewards scheme from £100 to £360 a year.
- Free meals
- Subsidised travel to work experience placements
- Subsidised kit/uniforms
The above benefits are also available to students aged 16 to 25 on that date if they have a statement of special educational needs.
Benefits for everyone
All East Durham College students can apply for/take advantage of:
- A FREE bus service to get you to and from college.
- Free childcare and our own onsite nursery at the Peterlee Campus - Positive Steps Nursery.
- Free use of our fantastic gym facilities (available to ALL students, full time or part time) at Impact Health & Fitness. Worth £450/year!
- Free parking
- Free WiFi
- Free print
- Free computer software
- NUS extra card - hundreds of discounts exclusively for students from just £12 a year. Check out the EDC Students' Union page for more details.
- An extensive Personal Support programme to help you meet your learning needs and goal
- Sports Scholarship
If you have any questions or want to check your eligibility for any of the benefits please call Student Services on 0191 518 8222.