The AAT Accounting Qualification gives you practical, internationally recognised finance and accountancy skills that can open doors for you in any industry across the world. Please note these AAT qualifications are part-time courses and we can only accept students aged 19+ on to them.
AAT is open to everyone - you don’t need previous qualifications or experience, and you can work at a pace that fits in with your lifestyle. Whether you’re looking for your first job in accountancy, or simply want to enhance your existing accounting skills, AAT will give you the training you need.
AAT offers a range of benefits for student members (including study support, career advice to help find the perfect job and exclusive discounts), as well as a route into chartered accountancy. If you choose to further your studies with one of the leading chartered professional bodies, such as ACCA, CIPFA or CIMA, your AAT qualification will give you generous exemptions.
At East Durham College, you'll work towards your AAT qualification in a fully-equipped IT suite, ensuring you're ready for the kind of work you'll expect in a modern accounting environment.
What are the benefits of AAT membership?
Once you’ve registered as an AAT student member you’ll be able to access a range of AAT support resources to help you succeed in your studies.
- Study support Including practice assessments, interactive e-learning modules, reading lists, assessment briefings, revision courses and much more.
- Dedicated call centre AAT’s Membership Support team have a helpline especially for student queries.
- Boosting your career prospects From an online CV builder, interviews tips to the latest accountancy vacancies courtesy of our dedicated jobs site aat-jobs.co.uk
- Exclusive discounts Enjoy great offers and discounts with AAT Additions from IT training, CDs, holidays, medical insurance and much more.
What Level shall I start at?
Not sure what level to start at? Use AAT Skillcheck to see which of Levels 2 or 3 of the AAT Accounting Qualification best suits your skills.
Next steps after qualifying
Once you’ve achieved the AAT Accounting Qualification, you’ll be able to:
- Apply for AAT professional membership and use the letters MAAT after your name.
- Progress to chartered accountancy (gaining generous exemptions).
- Become your own boss with our members in practice (MIP) scheme.
- Progress to university with AAT giving you 160 UCAS points.
- Work overseas with our internationally recognised qualification.
Funding Your Course
At East Durham College, our accounting qualifications are aimed at learners over the age of 19. In the UK, learners over the age of 19 must pay for their tuition fees.
The Advanced Learner Loan is a government-funded loan to help learners over 19 pay for their course. It's easy to apply for, doesn't take your household income into account and doesn't involve a credit check.
To learn more about Advanced Learner Loans, please visit this link. You can also call our student services team on 0191 518 8222.
Available full time and/or part time course(s) for 2022/2023 are listed below:
The full time and/or part time course(s) listed below are available to apply for to be studied during the next academic year - 2022/2023.