The College is dedicated to promoting values which support our students to develop a strong sense of social and moral responsibility. As well as actively promoting these values to our students, we also embed these into student work across all curriculum areas.
We follow governmental principles on British Values throughout college, these are:
- Individual Liberty
- The freedom to live as you wish and go where you want.
- Helping you to making informed choices.
- Taking responsibility for your choices and exercising them safely.
- Making sure you know your rights.
- Rule of Law
- Fairness in the way people are dealt with.
- Exploring the laws that govern and protect us.
- Understanding the consequences if these rules are broken.
- Considering that these may be different from religious laws.
- The belief in freedom and equality between people.
- A broad general knowledge & respect of public institutions and services.
- Helping you to influence decision-making through the democratic process.
- Explaining the advantages and disadvantages of democracy.
- Mutual Respect
- Tolerance of those with different respects and beliefs.
- Understanding how your behaviour has an effect on your own rights and those of others.
- Respecting other people’s differences, other cultures and ways of life.
- Challenging prejudicial or discriminatory behaviour.