*CANCELLED* Houghall Farm Lambing Event - Sunday 17th March 2019
Sunday, March 17, 2019
East Durham College's 2019 Lambing Sunday event will be held on Sunday 17th March 2019, 11am till 3pm.
It's with great disappointment that we have to announce that the Lambing Sunday event has been cancelled.
Due to the extremely wet March weather, the only fields we have available for car parking for the event are too waterlogged to let people use them. With more rain forecast for the rest of the week, we can't in good conscience let people take their cars onto the field.
We understand that this will come as a great disappointment to all of you, and we are very sorry that we've had to make this decision. Believe us when we say we are just as gutted as the rest of you that the event won't be going ahead as planned.
Thank you so much to everyone who expressed interest in this event, and we hope you will join us instead for our annual Spring Show on Sunday 19th May, where we really hope the weather will be better!
LAMBINGWATCH AT HOUGHALL FARM - A great day out for the family.
Come and see the new born lambs at East Durham College’s Houghall Campus, in Durham. Plus...
- See our cows & calves, pigs & piglets
- Look round our brand new small animal care centre and see our snakes, lizards, tortoises and small mammals
- Visit our brand new equine centre to meet our horses
- Diggerland ride and teacups (extra charge)
- Art & craft activities
- Refreshments available at the college canteen and an ice cream van will be on site
Entry is ONLY £2/Adult & £2/Child, parking and under 1s are FREE. No concessions. Pay on the day.
WIN - Lambing Sunday Prize Package!
You and your family could get your hands on a fantastic prize package for our Lambing event. The prize package includes:
- Free entry to the Lambing Event for a family of four
- An exclusive meet and greet at our animal care centre with Zeus the chameleon
- Ice cream voucher for the whole family
- £20 voucher for food, to be used in our refectory
To get directions to Houghall, please go you our How to Find Us page.
See Ewe There!
Please call 0191 375 4710
PLEASE NOTE: Houghall is a working farm, so please wear appropriate clothing and footwear. Due to the nature of the site this event may not be suitable for wheelchair users or people with limited mobility. IMPORTANT: Pregnant women should not go near the sheep or lambs for health and safety reasons. Hands should be washed thoroughly throughout your visit. Soap and running water will be provided throughout the site. Sorry, no dogs.