DL NCFE Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of Dementia Care
Dementia affects around 820,000 people in the UK. This figure is likely to rise to one million by 2025 and two million by 2051. It is one of the main causes of disability in later life and with research being desperately underfunded, it costs the UK over £26 billion a year. Understanding dementia and the person-centred care that is required is fundamental to high quality care.
• Aged 19+ (born before 01/09/1998)
• Lived in the EU for 3 years
• Unit 1 - Dementia Awareness
• Unit 2 - The Person-Centred Approach to the Care and Support of Individuals with Dementia
• Unit 3 - Understand the Factors That Can Influence Communication and Interaction with Individuals who have Dementia
• Unit 4 - Understand Equality, Diversity and Inclusion in Dementia Care
• Unit 5 - Understand the Administration of Medication to Individuals with Dementia Using a Person-Centred Approach
• Unit 6 - Understand Behaviour in the Context of Dementia
• Unit 7 - Understand the Benefits of Engaging in Activities in Social Care
After the eligibility checks have been done, a Tutor is allocated to you and a further letter is sent along with your course workbooks / resource packs (please note that resource packs will not be sent out if wish to complete via eLearning, they are available online). After about 2-3 weeks the allocated Tutor will make contact with you to introduce themselves and ask how you are progressing.
You will have 24 weeks from enrolling to complete the course. You can complete the qualification online via our eLearning Assessor website or in paper-based format. Everything is done remotely via post or email, induction pack and tutor support.
This course is learner lead, meaning you start when you have had your induction.
More important information about this course:
Funding is available for those who meet the entry requirements.
*We make every effort to publish correct fees, however all fees are subject to change. Fees are correct as at the current time (20 May 2019 21:10) and are subject to change up to the date of enrolment. Fees quoted are payable annually
The following information comes from Career Explorer, an online tool designed to help you research your education and career options. Here you will find information on jobs right here in the region, including links to actual job vacancies, potential earnings and our courses that can help you achieve an outstanding future. Click here to explore Career Explorer further..
To apply online for this course, please click on the 'Apply for this course' button below.
Alternatively, if you need assistance with your application or you would like to apply over the phone or using a paper-based application form, please call Student Services on 0191 518 8222.
If you're not quite ready to apply for this course and would like some more information or to speak to a member of staff then send us an enquiry.Enquire about this course