NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Working with Individuals with Learning Disabilities
Around 1.5 million people in the UK have a learning disability. If you work with people with learning disabilities, or are interesting in starting in the sector, it's essential you have a good understanding of the signs and symptoms of different health conditions, as well as knowledge of legislation and the healthcare system. This level 2 course will ensure your knowledge is up to date and you can provide high-quality care for those you work with.
• Aged 19+ (born before 01/09/2001)
• If under 24 you must hold a FULL level 2 qualification
• Lived in the UK continuously for 3 years
• Not to have completed the course before
• Not already be completing a distance learning course with us, or any other training provider
• Not live in an area of the UK with a devolved government (this will be checked by our team upon application)
Entry onto any course at East Durham College is subject to final approval from the Assistant Principal. Where relevant, the term ‘entry requirements’ also includes DBS checks, references, fitness to practice, etc.
• Gives employees a high standard of learning
• Relevant to a variety of people and settings
• Provides assurance of well trained employees
• Improves your team’s understanding of learning disabilities
• Creates better preventative care
What you will learn
• The Context of Supporting Individuals with Learning Disabilities
• Principles of Safeguarding and Protection in Health and Social Care
• Introduction to Personalisation in Social Care
• Principles of Positive Risk-Taking for Individuals with Disabilities
• Introductory Awareness of Autistic Spectrum Conditions
• Principles of Supporting Individuals with a Learning Disability to Access Healthcare
When we have received your completed enrolment paperwork, it is checked and processed, a Tutor is allocated, and a further email will be sent with your joining instructions, this will entail your start and end date, submission dates and Tutor contact details, if completing online you will also be advised of the weblink and your unique username to enable you to login into our E-assessor portal. If completing by paper you will still receive a joining instruction email and your paper resources will be posted out to you. Your assigned Tutor is there to offer help and guidance, they are there for you to contact direct if you need any assistance with your course content. Your first assessment is required to be completed within 6 weeks, as a guidance you should allow, at the very least 4-5 hours a week to answer questions and meet target dates. Your feedback from your Tutor will either be online via E-assessor (located in “My Portfolio”) or via email if completing by paper.
You will have 24 weeks from enrolling to complete the course, this duration includes Tutor feedback, IQA and internal processes. You can complete the qualification online via our eLearning Assessor portal or in paper-based format. Everything is done remotely via post or email, including tutor support.
This course is learner lead, meaning you start when after you have completed the enrolment paperwork and you have received an email stating your start and submission details etc.
More important information about this course:
Our distance learning courses are free upon completion, however if you fail to complete and withdraw you will be required to pay a proportion of the fees as per the EDC fees policy, this equates to £100.
*We make every effort to publish correct fees, however all fees are subject to change. Fees are correct as at the current time (11 Oct 2021 12:15) and are subject to change up to the date of enrolment. Fees quoted are payable annually
The following information comes from Career Explorer, an online tool designed to help you research your education and career options. Here you will find information on jobs right here in the region, including links to actual job vacancies, potential earnings and our courses that can help you achieve an outstanding future. Click here to explore Career Explorer further..
To apply online for this course, please click on the 'Apply for this course' button below.
Alternatively, if you need assistance with your application or you would like to apply over the phone or using a paper-based application form, please call Student Services on 0191 518 8222.