High Grades Success
High grades are becoming increasingly important in the competitive world we live today.
High grades will increase the number of options available to you after leaving college. They will improve your career prospects and chances of getting a place at the university of your choice.
46% was the proportion of our level 3 vocational students who achieved high grades - result.
The national average for high grades in the sector was 42%.
High Grade Results 2015/16
At BTEC level 3 high grades are three distinction stars to three distinctions.
The Level 3 courses where 100%, +90%, +80% and +70% of students on vocational course that achieved high grades were:
100% high grades
- Extended Diploma in Business
- Extended Diploma in Applied Science
- Extended Diploma in Sport (Outdoor Adventure)
- 90 Credit Diploma in Sport (Outdoor Education)
- Extended Diploma in Enterprise & Entrepreneurship - Peter Jones Enterprise Academy (PJEA)
90% + high grades
- Extended Diploma in Public Services
- 90 Credit in Applied Science
80%+ high grades
- Extended Diploma in Creative Media
- National Diploma in Children’s Play & Development
- Diploma in Enterprise & Entrepreneurship - Peter Jones Enterprise Academy (PJEA)
70% + high grades
- Extended Diploma in Creative Media (Interactive)
- Extended Diploma in Animal Management
- Extended Diploma in Travel & Tourism
- Extended Diploma in Horse Management
- Subsidiary Diploma in Sport (Sunderland AFC)
- Diploma in Sport Development (Sunderland AFC)