East Durham College offers a small range of carefully selected higher education courses.
The following programmes are offered by East Durham College working in partnership with the University of Sunderland. The award that you will receive will be from the University of Sunderland.
- Foundation degree (FdSc) Sports Coaching
- Foundation degree (FdA) Education and Care
- Foundation degree (FdA) in Counselling
- Professional Graduate Certificate (PGPCET) or Certificate in Post Compulsory Education and Training (PCET)
- BTEC Level 4 Higher National Certificate in Engineering (Mechanical Engineering) (RQF)
Our Foundation Degrees are university-level qualifications in their own right, equivalent to the first two years of an Honours degree. And the great news is that once you’ve got a Foundation Degree, it’s possible to ‘top up’ your qualification to a full Honours degree. This usually involves an extra year studying full-time (or the part-time equivalent) at the University of Sunderland.
For more information on the University of Sunderland, please click here to visit their website.
Teesside University Animal Science and Welfare Degree
For those passionate about Animal Welfare and studying Animal Science, this exciting partnership between Teesside University and East Durham College gives students amazing opportunities.
The degree course takes place primarily at Teesside's Middlesbrough campus, with further study at East Durham College's Houghall Campus in Durham. The Houghall Farm site, set on a stunning 476-acre estate, minutes from Durham city centre, is a fantastic place to work with animals. A purpose-built small animal care centre was has several specialist facilities including a snake house, lizard house, tortoise house, aquatics, small mammals house and an aviary. There is also a commercial dog grooming studio, 22-bay dog kennel and a dog agility and walking area. The site is also home to horse riding stables, an arena and commercial pig and cattle facilities.
There are two routes available for this course:
- BSC (Hons) Animal Science and Welfare (with Foundation Year) >>
- BSC (Hons) Animal Science and Welfare (no Foundation Year) >>
East Durham College is ranked Silver by the Teaching Excellence Framework