Houghall Spring Show & Open Day 2019 - Sun 19th May, 10am - 4pm
Sunday, May 19, 2019
The Houghall Spring Show & Open Day returns for 2019!
Following the massive success of 2018's event, East Durham College is delighted to announce that the Houghall Spring Show, in Durham, is returning in 2019!
The event will be held at the Durham-based campus on Sunday 19th May 2019 between 10am and 4pm.
A GREAT DAY OUT FOR ALL THE FAMILY
Entry is £3/Adult & £2/Child (parking and under 1s are free) and there are loads of fascinating demonstrations and lots of free activities throughout the day, including:
- Look round our small animal care centre and see our snakes, lizards, tortoises and small mammals
- Equine displays
- Sheep shearing demos
- See our farm yard animals: cows & calves, pigs & piglets and our sheep
- Durham Falconry birds of prey
- Have a go on our free zip line with our tree surgery team
- Punch & Judy shows
- Face painting and balloon modelling
- Free Children's craft activities
- NEW FOR 2019 - the Dunholm Vikings will be visiting us, showing off viking weapons and armour and offering exciting activities including butter churning, netmaking and demonstrating combat too!
Also available at an extra charge:
- Charity and trade stands to browse
- Numerous fairground rides (details TBC)
- Diggerland game
- Refreshments & Ice Cream
East Durham College's Houghall Campus, Durham. Please click on the How to find us page to see a map and directions.
Where to Find Us - Houghall Campus
Our Houghall campus, which specialises in land-based learning, is found just outside Durham city centre. You can find us at the following address:
East Durham College - Houghall Campus
The Houghall Campus is situated on the A177, just south of Durham, near Shincliffe. Visitors are welcome to bring their dogs.
The day also gives visitors a great opportunity to find out more about Houghall and the wide range of full and part time courses on offer, including Agriculture, Animal Care, Arboriculture & Forestry, Countryside Management, Dog Grooming, Equine Horse Care Studies, Floristry, Horticulture and Veterinary Nursing.
For more information on the open day, please contact the Houghall Campus on:
0191 375 4700 or email@example.com
*Event activities subject to change.
Personal Safety Notice:
Please wash your hands after being in animal areas and before consuming food and drink.
Please don’t touch any livestock.
Please keep your dog on a lead at all times and don’t take dogs in any animal areas.
Please don’t enter the sheep related areas if you are pregnant.
Please don’t climb on, or let your children climb on, any machinery.
Due to the nature of the site, some areas of this event may not be suitable for wheelchair users or people with limited mobility.