LEAP (Learn, Explore, Achieve, Progress)
Are you aged between 16 and 18? Are you currently out of education? Unsure what to do next?
If so, it may be time to ‘LEAP’ back into education again and get the skills and training you need to gain employment or to progress into further vocational training.
LEAP (Learn, Explore, Achieve, Progress) has been specially designed to help you get the skills you need to progress into further education, employment or an Apprenticeship.
On LEAP you will attend a personalised study programme and gain the necessary qualifications and work skills to enable you to move towards your chosen future career path. You will gain valuable employability skills, essential Maths and English skills and be able to develop personally and socially.
So, if you want to enhance your future prospects for employment or further study, then LEAP is the pathway for you.
LEAP is available at our Peterlee Campus and also our Houghall Campus in Durham.
What To Expect on The Leap Programme
LEAP is all about building up your skills - when you sign up, you can take part in a 6 or 10 week course designed to give you a proper qualification in employability skills. Here's the important details you need to know:
- You'll spend up to two and a half days at college
- Get FREE bus travel to and from college thanks to our Arriva bus scheme
- Get FREE membership to the college's gym, Impact Health and Fitness
- Get a £10-30 per week bursary payment and free meals, subject to eligibility
- The programmes covers a range of activities designed to help you to gain more confidence, and support you in choosing the best next step for you
- Learn and practice the skills that employers look for in an employee
You'll learn a wide variety of skills on the LEAP programme, including:
- CV writing and covering letters
- Help with job application forms
- Interview techniques
- Researching career options
- Personal budgeting skills
- Team building
- Healthy lifestyle training
- Life management skills
- Planning for progression
To apply or enquire about this course, please call the LEAP Team on 0191 518 8382 or email - email@example.com.
Or you can contact Student Services using LiveChat or call 0191 518 8222.
If you are a careers advisor and would like to speak to someone about LEAP, please contact the LEAP Team on 0191 518 8382.