Our Careers Programme
East Durham College has formed a Careers Leadership Committee to fulfil the function of the College’s Careers Leader and lead on the College’s Careers Programme.
The committee is made up of: Carina Tomlinson & Jackie Owen from the College’s Leadership Group, Alistair Cummins-MacLeod, Matthew Reid and Chris Rickard from Student Services & the Careers Advice Service, Curriculum Directors Lindsay Haggis (Houghall), Simon Smith (Peterlee & Technical Academy) and Chris English (Peterlee), Ellen Fishwick & Gillian Kennedy from the Quality Team, Alfie Wilkinson Director of Inclusive Learning and head of our SEND provision and finally Greg Corcoran Curriculum Manager for the College's 14-16 provision.
This committee will be reviewed each academic year as well as following any staff changes.
Operational Careers Leader: Matthew Reid
The college's Careers programme is published in the Careers Advice section of the website.
Current students can access the Careers Programme calendar through the college's Canvas site, via displays in college corridors and notice boards or by asking their Progression Coach.
Parents/Carers can access information on the Careers Programme through their child’s Progression Coach.
Other agencies such as local authorities, secondary schools, North East LEP, Durham Works, National Careers Service, One Point and careers organisations can access the programme via the calendar on the Careers Advice page or contacting the Operational Careers Leader for more information.
Evaluation of Careers Programme
The Careers programme is evaluated in a number of different ways in order to capture feedback on our careers activities and strategies:
- The destinations of learners after leaving their courses. The College report destinations of learners in the IRL and to the local authority.
- The UCAS final destinations report of students progressing to Higher Education.
- Parents surveys completed on parents’ evenings at each campus.
- The 'Tell Us What You Think' forms completed by students after one-to-one careers guidance appointments.
- Student voice feedback via Quality Review Focus Groups and the annual QDP benchmarked survey.
- Sharing best practice as part of the North East Ambition College Careers Hub.
- The Matrix re-evaluation process.
- The Careers Advice Service SAR report.
- The completing of the Compass Self Evaluation tool.
- Employer work experience and placement reports.
- Ad hoc feedback from students, parents/carers, schools in the region, the college's Enterprise Advisor and other external agencies.
Contact Us & Feedback
If you'd like more details on our Careers Programme and in-college Careers Advice Service, please call the Careers Advisor on 0191 518 8282 or email email@example.com.
We are always keen to receive feedback from students, parents, employers and staff on our Careers Programme, so please get in touch.