The College's Mission, Values & Goals
Our Mission Statement: "Our Mission is to connect people to opportunities."
East Durham College provides access to education for all, with pathways through stages of learning across a broad offer and with close alignment to employment opportunities in the North East region. The college aspires to contribute significantly to skills development and innovation in our region, to promote economic growth and address social and health challenges in our community.
We will always have students at the heart of our decision-making
Provision of the highest quality over a broad range of inclusive provision which allows our students to thrive
Promoting a respectful culture, providing a diverse working environment with a focus on honesty, integrity and inclusivity
Ensuring both economic and environmentally sustainable provision for our present and future community
Our Objectives & Long Term Goals
- Design, deliver and recruit with integrity to high quality progression pathways to meet regional economic skills needs
- Develop and implement our workforce development strategy
- Achieve and celebrate excellence in all our activities
- Maintain very high levels of student satisfaction
- We will continue to grow our income and maintain our financial health
- Continue to collaborate to support, develop and extend the regional educational skills offer to meet community and employers’ needs. We will proactively work with partners to increase participation of young people in learning, while addressing persistent high rates of NEETs among some cohorts
- Further develop our position as a brand leader in our key markets
- Continue to mobilise our student body to take positive action to support their community
- Provide sustainable, world-class facilities and resources for our students, customers, employer partners and staff to support our growth
- Review our workflow practices in key support areas to improve our efficiency and reduce our carbon footprint
Click here for details on the College's Strategic Plan.