The College's Mission, Vision, Core Values & Strategic Aims
Our Mission - East Durham College is committed to delivering outstanding, inclusive education that challenges and supports all students to positively progress.
Building on this mission, our vision is to be highly successful through exceptional teaching and learning, to innovate to grow our provision and to build our reputation so that we are recognised as a quality college, developing both our staff and students.
- Achieve and celebrate excellence in all our activities.
- Explore partnerships with other providers to support, develop and extend the regional educational and skills offer.
- Design, deliver and recruit with integrity to high quality progression pathways to meet regional economic skills needs.
- Develop our position as a recognised premier specialist land-based college.
- Widen participation and continue our commitment to equality and diversity in all our activities.
- Be innovative in customising solutions in response to employer and employment needs.
- Provide world-class facilities and resources for our students, customers, employers and staff.
Our Strategic Aims
- Deliver a vibrant teaching and learning culture that enables excellence and enhances our reputation.
- Innovate and respond, improving efficiency and effectiveness, to ensure financial viability.
- To add value and support the prosperity of the social, economic and physical community the College serves.
- To develop a highly skilled, innovative, inclusive and flexible workforce.
Our Core Values
The College values inform the way we work and the culture we wish to develop and project externally.
Our values are to:
- Have students at the heart of our organisation
- Operate a fair, respectful & honest culture
- Strive for the highest quality
- Operate with integrity