Painting & Decorating
Your future career in painting and decorating starts right here at East Durham College.
Love working your hands? Are you creative? Love working with members of the public? If you've answered yes to any of those questions, a painting and decorating course is perfect for you!
East Durham College's painting and decorating courses are made to give you your start in the painting and decorating industry. When you leave us, you'll have all the skills, knowledge and understanding to be a fully qualified painter and decorator.
The aim of our course is for you to leave us confident, and ready to use your new skills. Whether that's working for yourself or for a company, you'll have everything you need after your time at East Durham College.
Painting & Decorating Workshop
Our painting and decorating courses are taught at our Peterlee campus.
In our construction department, you'll find a dedicated place for painting and decorating - the P&D workshop.
In our workshop we have some of the very best facilities available in the region. You can expect:
- Large-Size Training Bays - work comfortably in your own area with plenty of space to hone your craft
- Paint Supplies - the college has an extensive supply of different paints for you to use during your course
- Painting/Decorating Tools and Materials - also included as part of your course to enhance your skills
There's loads of other perks to being an East Durham College Painting & Decorating student too. You can benefit from:
- Free Arriva Bus Pass - worried about getting to and from college? Don't! All EDC students travel completely free of charge on ANY Arriva bus service
- Free Gym Access - all students at EDC get complimentary access to our state-of-the-art gym, Impact Health and Fitness
- Pool Table - the painting and decorating has it's own pool table! Ideal to unwind in between lessons.
Our Painting and Decorating Teaching Staff
We employ teams of highly-skilled tradesmen who are first-class construction training practitioners. Their experienced, expert approach brings students up to the right levels of technical skill - and ensures that those skills are applied in a professional and knowledgeable manner.
The College is continually building important partnerships with leading construction companies. These partners play a vital role in ensuring that we provide the best training, using the latest products.
Our mission is to turn out confident learners with the highly-accomplished trade skills that the construction industry and today’s employers demand.
Construction Careers in the North East
Construction is one of the UK’s largest industries with hundreds of different job roles and over 2m employees. The industry has recently reported skills shortages, which can make bricklaying a well-paid role for those with the right skills and approach to work.
For general full time or part time course enquires, please call Student Services on 0191 518 8222.
Available full time and/or part time course(s) for 2021/2022 are listed below:
The full time and/or part time course(s) listed below are available to apply for to be studied during the 2021/2022 academic year. All full time courses will start September 2021. For any part time courses, please check in the individual course page for their start date during 2021/22.