Parents Give College The Thumbs Up
East Durham College are pleased to announce the results of their 2010 Parents’ Survey. The survey asked the parents of students at both the Peterlee and Houghall Campuses a number of questions to help monitor performance and perceptions in key issues.
Mark Moore, Head of Customer Services at the College, said: “It is as important to choose the right course as well as the right place to study, that’s why we constantly evaluate our performance with help from our learners and their parents.
“At East Durham College we want to achieve our promise of ‘Delivering Excellence in Learning’ and it’s wonderful that parents of the young people studying with us have told us that we are keeping our promise.”
The results of the 2010 parents’ survey were:
· 96% of parents surveyed believe their son/daughter is happy whilst at East Durham College.
· 96% of parents surveyed believe their son/daughter is receiving the support they need whilst at East Durham College.
· 100% of parents were happy that their son/daughter is safe at East Durham College.
· 94% of parents were happy that their son/daughter is treated fairly and with respect at East Durham College.
· 99% know the targets their son/daughter has in order to complete their course successfully.
· 99% stated they are aware of the requirements of the course.
· 95% have received all of the information they felt they needed from East Durham College.
· 93% found the information given at parents’ evening was helpful.
· 96% are happy with the resources available to support their son/ daughter with their studies.
· 92% of parents would recommend the course that their son/daughter is studying.
· 93% would recommend East Durham College to others based on their son/daughters experience.
Parents' comments received as part of the survey:
“I think Houghall is an excellent college and would recommend it to everyone. It is close to home and provides excellent courses and facilities.”
“I feel that my daughter has progressed well in hairdressing as she has been given more confidence.”
“My son absolutely loves the course, college and staff. He has learning difficulties and extra help has been given. Thank you for making the transition from school easier.”
“We were living in Spain and flew over to originally go to Darlington College, we rang East Durham College and the coaches ‘pushed’ us to come in for an interview. They were so helpful, friendly and supportive. My son then decided he wanted to come to East Durham College. We were so impressed with the staff that even now the international school in Spain recommends the college to their students.”