IQER Visit Is A Great Success
Sat, 01/04/2000 - 01:00
The recent IQER (Integrated Quality Enhancement Review) visit was a great success. The IQER is a review method specially devised for higher education in further education colleges in England. Areas of good practice that were identified were:
- The coherent and extensive monitoring framework which ensures continuous development of teaching, learning and assessment.
- The diversity of moderation practices both within the College and within the cluster partnership to ensure the maintenance of grading parity.
Quality of Learning Opportunities
- The development of the Teaching Practitioner Handbook which emphasises the key role that assessment plays in the development of students’ learning.
- The role of Advanced Practitioners in mentoring and coaching staff in all aspects of teaching and assessment specifically for Higher Education.
- The comprehensive and completed feedback on assessed work which clearly indicates how students can improve their performance.
- The high quality of Course Handbooks which provide students with the means to take responsibility for their own learning.
- The comprehensive and accessible printed guidance and advice produced by the College for all students.