Scene 1 Restaurant Opens Doors for First Italian Evening Theme Night
Wed, 03/10/2018 - 10:39
East Durham College's restaurant, Scene 1, has hosted the first of a series of theme nights we will be running this year, serving up delicious food every month!
Our Italian Evening took place on Tuesday 2nd October 2018 and gave diners a taste of Italy through a tasty three course meal, freshly prepared and cooked by our talented catering students in the college's kitchens.
The event's menu included:
- Italian Vegetable & Bean Soup, Served with Ciabatta Bread
- Wild Mushroom Risotto
- Pasta Bolognaise with Garlic Bread
- Trout Linguine with Chilli & Garlic
- Braised Leg of Lamb Steak
- Chicken & Pork Ragu
- Ricotta & Tarragon Gnocchi
All served with Chargrilled Polenta, Stuffed Tomatoes & Green Beans with Garlic, Capers and Lemon
- Chocolate, Hazelnut & Meringue Semifreddo
- Classic Tiramisu
- Goats Cheese Panna cotta with Grapes & Biscuits
Diners loved the meal too, with one diner saying 'I had a fabulous night, food was fantastic!'.
The college is planning to host special theme nights every month of the year, with the exception of December when we will be serving up Christmas lunch.
The next event will be taking place on this November when we will be hosting a special Curry Night!
Don't miss out learning more about the event - follow Scene 1 on Facebook below for more details.