YMCA Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training
Self-employed or employment in the fitness/leisure industry.
The aim of this qualification is to recognise the skills, knowledge and competence required for an individual to work unsupervised as a personal trainer. This includes being able to offer one-to-one training, baseline assessment, nutritional advice and progressive programming which is specific to the individual needs of a client.
Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing - Gym-Based Exercise (or equivalent). Entry onto any course at East Durham College is subject to final approval from the Assistant Principal. Where relevant, the term ‘entry requirements’ also includes DBS checks, references, fitness to practice, etc.
Anatomy and physiology including:
• The heart and circulatory system
• The musculoskeletal system
• Postural and core stability
• The nervous, endocrine and energy systems and their relation to exercise and health
• How to maintain health, safety and welfare in a variety of fitness environments, including the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults
• How to programme safe and effective exercise for a range of clients, the health benefits of physical activity and the importance of healthy eating
• How to communicate with clients effectively, and motivate clients to adhere to an exercise programme
• How to apply the principles of nutrition to support client goals as part of an exercise and physical activity programme
• How to design, manage, and adapt a personal training programme with apparently healthy adults of all ages
• How to deliver exercise and physical activity as part of a programme for apparently healthy adults of all ages
• Multiple choice theory paper/e-Assessment (externally assessed)
• Practical examination
1 year, part time evening
More important information about this course:
Fees for this course are: £1417.00
If you have been a UK resident for the past 3 years and are under the age of 19 on the 31st August, you will not usually need to pay any course fees.
If you are aged 19 or over on the day your main course starts you may be able to take out an Advanced Learning Loan to pay for this course.
*We make every effort to publish correct fees, however all fees are subject to change. Fees are correct as at the current time (22 May 2019 19:09) and are subject to change up to the date of enrolment. Fees quoted are payable annually
We regularly work with QDP, the UK’s largest independent provider of questionnaire based feedback services to the education sector, so that any results can be benchmarked against other colleges and the voices of over 600,000 learners QDP gathers feedback from over the course of an academic year.
Our feedback scores consistently place us in the top quartile of colleges in the country, indicating that we not only meet but often exceed student expectations. Some results from the 2015/2016 on programme and exit surveys and the 2016/17 induction survey can be seen below.
98% stated it was easy to apply for the course
96% said the teaching on my course is good
99% felt that their teacher knows their subject well
97% told us they felt safe at college
98% said expected standards of behaviour were made clear
95% told us they felt they had developed the skills they needed to get a job/take their next step
95% agreed the teachers consistently challenge them to do their best
97% said teacher feedback told them what was going well and where to improve
Other comments by students on this course are:
The following information comes from Career Explorer, an online tool designed to help you research your education and career options. Here you will find information on jobs right here in the region, including links to actual job vacancies, potential earnings and our courses that can help you achieve an outstanding future. Click here to explore Career Explorer further..
To apply online for this course, please click on the 'Apply for this course' button below.
Alternatively, if you need assistance with your application or you would like to apply over the phone or using a paper-based application form, please call Student Services on 0191 518 8222.
If you're not quite ready to apply for this course and would like some more information or to speak to a member of staff then send us an enquiry.Enquire about this course