Spring Amateur Gardening Course Returns To Houghall
Fri, 2015-12-11 12:46
Our highly popular gardening courses are seasonal practical courses to suit amateur gardeners of all ages and abilities.
An interest in gardening is all that is required to take part in the course.
The course programme* includes the following:
- 13/01/16 Enrolment, course introduction, health and safety and site visit
- 20/01/16 Propagation: grafting techniques
- 27/01/16 Pruning and training tree fruits
- 03/02/16 Pruning shrubs
- 10/02/16 Lifting and propagating herbaceous perennials
- 17/02/16 Half term break
- 24/02/16 Preparing dahlia tubers for propagation
- 02/03/16 Seed sowing: geraniums, lobelia, antirrhinums etc
- 09/03/16 Seed sowing: modularisation of vegetables
- 16/03/16 Softwood cuttings
- 23/03/16 Pricking out seedlings
- 13/04/16 Potting up summer bedding plants
*Topics are subject to change depending on the weather conditions or at the request of the group.
The course cost is £170, unfortunately there are no concessions.
Call for more details
For further information or to book this course please contact the short course department on 0191 375 4716 or 0191 375 4710.
The course is run at our Houghall Campus in Durham, DH1 3SG. For directions please see the How to find us page.