Student Feedback Results
Every year the College takes part in a number of national surveys to gain valuable feedback from our students.
We regularly work with QDP, the UK’s largest independent provider of questionnaire based feedback services to the education sector, so that any results can be benchmarked against other colleges and the voices of over 600,000 learners QDP gathers feedback from over the course of an academic year.
Our feedback scores consistently place us in the top quartile of colleges in the country, indicating that we not only meet but often exceed student expectations. Some of our results can be seen below:
- 95% of students said they were made to feel welcome on their first day at college (+6 benchmark)
- 94% of students said the teaching on their course was good (+2 benchmark)
- 95% of students said they were gaining skills needed to get a job (+5 benchmark)
- 96% of students said the learning resources and teaching are good (+3 benchmark)
- 95% of students said they'd recommend the college to others (+5 benchmark)
- 96% of students said they were achieving what they set out to do at college (+4 benchmark)
Learner Satisfaction Rating
According to the results of a recent poll, funded by the Skills Funding Agency, East Durham College is above the national average for learner satisfaction.
Our Higher Education Students' Feedback
When asked by the National Student Survey (2019) EDC's higher education voted EDC among the highest in our region for student satisfaction.
"Overall, I Am Satisfied with the Quality of the Course"
- East Durham College - 89% agree, 87% benchmark
- Sunderland College - 81% agree, 85% benchmark
- Hartlepool FE - 87% agree, 84% benchmark
- Gateshead - 75% agree, 82% benchmark
- Darlington - 73% agree, 85% benchmark
- Bishop Auckland - 81% agree, 86% benchmark
For details on feedback results from our higher education students, please see the HE Student Feedback page.