Why Become An Apprentice
Apprenticeships are a job with training and are an excellent way to gain knowledge and valuable skills employers want.
You will attend college for a minimum of one day per week, this could be online learning or for practical skills training or a combination of both.
Following your apprenticeship you might continue working for your employer or go on to higher education in at a college or university. Many employers support the progression of apprentices from level 2 right up to degree level 7.
You’ll feel the rewards in your pocket too. You will earn a wage and have some of the same benefits as full time members of staff, including holiday pay. The cost of the training is covered by your employer or the government too, so no student loans required whilst studying as an apprentice.
Key benefits of being an apprentice include:
- Earning a salary
- Getting paid holidays
- Receiving training
- Gaining qualifications
- Learning job-specific skills
Earn While You Learn
Here's some important information about apprenticeship wages:
- You are entitled to the National Minimum Wage. Click here for the latest details on the current minimum wage rate for an apprentice
- This rate applies to apprentices under the age of 19, or apprentices over the age of 19 in the first year of their apprenticeship
- You must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for your age if you're an apprentice aged 19 or over and have completed your first year
Some more stats and facts
- Apprenticeships are already proving to be a successful and viable option to university. This year more than 800,000 apprentices are earning and learning.
- Since 2010, 1.8m young people have started an Apprenticeship across 170 industries.
- Research has shown that 86% of those who did an apprenticeship stayed in work afterwards, 67% with the same employer.
To find out more information or to apply for an Apprenticeship, please call the Apprenticeship Team on 0191 518 5508 or email email@example.com
Employers should contact our Employer Engagement team on 0191 518 5508 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Get In. Go Far. TV Advert
National Apprenticeship Service Brochure
You can also find out more details in the PDF leaflet below.
Register Your Interest in an Apprenticeship
Are you interested in learning more about apprenticeships, or getting in touch with the team to find the latest apprenticeship vacancies?
Click the link below to be taken to our web form where you can fill in all of your details, and our apprenticeship team will get in touch with you!